What To Expect
- Complete whichever of our 3 adoption applications is appropriate: Chow Adoption Application; Repeat Adopter’s Application; or Non-Chow Adoption Application – please use this one for Amber’s Rock ‘N Roll puppies.
- References are checked; please give your vet permission to share information and let your personal references know that they will be contacted.
- A home visit will be performed by CCRCNY or a local designee. You will be notified when we are at this stage of the process.
- We want to meet our adopters and believe that picking up your chow from CCRCNY is an important final step to the adoption process, so we do not transport our chows. We have dogs with fosters in a few different states including GA, FL, MD, NV, NY, OH, PA, and TN, but some amount of travel is required for pickup. (You can also apply to be a foster home!)
- We try to match our dogs up with the household based on several factors and really strive to focus on a successful adoption. This may mean that the chow you are most interested in, isn’t the best dog for you; if that is the case, we will suggest other dogs.
- If at any point the adopted pet isn’t a good fit in its new family, CCRCNY will welcome the pet back to our rescue.
Please note we are all volunteers. While we try to respond to your applications quickly, we appreciate your patience. Feel free to follow-up by email or phone if you are concerned your message was overlooked. We aim to complete applications within 2 weeks including home visit.